The Asus Eee Pad Transformer has so far been one of the best selling Android Honeycomb tablets, if not the best selling, and that’s thanks in no small part to its price, which is more affordable than the competition. After becoming available in the US, the UK, and in many other territories, the Eee Pad Transformer was finally officially unveiled in India yesterday.
The tablet is the same device that we know and love from elsewhere, and the recommended retail price is Rs. 32,999. That’s quite a bit cheaper than the Motorola Xoom, which was launched in India last month.
Let’s wait and see if Asus will be able to replicate the success that the Transformer has seen in the US, where it’s in the habit of being sold out within hours of being in stock.
The Asus Eee Pad Transformer has a 10.1-inch 1280×800 capacitive touchscreen, a 1 GHz dual-core Nvidia Tegra 2 processor, 16 GB of internal storage, a 5 MP rear camera and a 1.2 MP front-facing camera for video calls, Wi-Fi, and comes with a mini HDMI port.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Asus Eee Pad Transformer now available in the UK for £379.99
- Asus Eee Pad Transformer now just $299.99 at Best Buy
- Asus Transformer Prime release date confirmed as Nov. 9th
- Asus Eee Pad Slider gets listed by Amazon Germany, launch near?
- Asus Transformer Pad 300 priced by Amazon US, should be out on April 22