The Google+ mobile site was just updated to fix the IE compatibility issue for Windows 7 users and as previously promised, the iOS app of the popular Google+ service is now available in the app store. Unfortunately, it is only available for iPhone users in the US and will not work with an iPad 2 or an iPod Touch.
The Google+ app looks a lot like its Android counterpart with the exception of a few UI changes in the circles section. The app is also very similar to the mobile website that was previously the only option iOS users had to experience Google+. The two features that separate the app from the site are push notifications and the ability to take a photo within the app and upload them with ease.
The app is not nearly as good as the Android one yet, which allows users to automatically upload photos or videos. Unfortunately, the app has a lot of bugs according to recent feedback and often crashes. I highly recomend downloading the app if you want the two features exclusive to the app, but if not then the website still works well and doesn’t crash. We will keep you updated on the future of this app.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Google+ iPhone app updated with Instant Upload and What’s Hot stream
- Facebook To Create Photo-Sharing App For iPhone
- Google Buzz for mobile announced, integrates with Gmail, Google Maps
- Nokia gets patent for social auto-updates from your smartphone to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- BlackBerry finally gets Flickr mobile photo uploader