T-Mobile USA has confirmed the launch of the HTC Wildfire S, which should become available starting August 3.
As I assumed yesterday, the carrier is asking less than $100 for the smartphone on contract – $79.99 (after a $50 mail-in rebate) to be exact. For that kind of money you get the latest Android 2.3 Gingerbread, Sense UI, a 3.2 inch display with 480 x 320 pixels, Swype virtual keyboard, HSDPA, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, 3.5mm headset jack, 5MP autofocus camera, 512MB of RAM, 512MB of ROM, and MicroSD card support.
The Wildfire S will be available both online and in stores. A white version (pictured below) will be sold directly by T-Mobile, while a black one should be sold through Walmart and Sam’s Club.
So there you have it. If you can’t afford the Sensation 4G but do want some Gingerbread spiced up with Sense UI, you’ll probably like the HTC Wildfire S.
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HTC Wildfire S announced by MetroPCS
- Sam’s Club Offering iPhone 4 for $147
- HTC Wildfire S now available at US Cellular online, in stores on October 21
- Sam’s Club offers iPhone 4 for only $147, iPhone 3GS for $47
- Virgin Mobile officially announces the LG Optimus Slider and the HTC Wildfire S