One week after Rogers officially announced that it will be selling both the LG Optimus 3D as well as the HTC Evo 3D, the carrier has opened pre-orders for every Canadian. Before today, you were able to pre-order either one of the two 3D capable Android smartphones only if you were already a Rogers customer. But now anyone can do it.
Last week, Rogers had nothing to say about pricing, and only a vague statement about when the two handsets will hit the streets (“this summer”). Today, however, we have some more information.
Courtesy of Rogers’ pre-order page, we now know that the LG Optimus 3D will cost $99.99 with a new three-year contract, and the HTC Evo 3D will be $50 more expensive at $149.99. There’s no word yet on prices for other commitment terms, or for getting the phones sans contract.
As for the release date, you’ll only be able to pre-order either device until August 15. That’s a strong indicator that the handsets will be out on August 16. After all, why else would Rogers end the pre-orders? Stay tuned.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HTC One S headed to Rogers, will cost $149.99 with 3-year contract
- HTC Evo 3D and LG Optimus 3D announced by Rogers
- LG Optimus Pad, Optimus 3D and Optimus One (Phoenix) coming to Rogers Canada
- Samsung Galaxy Q headed to both Rogers and Fido, pricing revealed
- Telus to launch the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 4G on September 8, Rogers prices it at $599.99