Just as we expected them to, two Android-powered smartphones have become available at Telstra in Australia today. The Samsung Galaxy S II is obviously the higher-end of the pair, while the Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo caters quite well to the midrange.
Telstra’s Samsung Galaxy S II works on its 850 MHz NextG network, and can be yours for a massive $840 outright. Alternatively, you could get it for $20 per month if you sign a new two-year contract and get Telstra’s $59 Freedom Connect Plan. So this is anything but a cheap device. Some will say that it’s worth the premium, though. In the end, you decide.
The first time that we heard about the Xperia Neo going to Telstra was all the way back in February, and today it has finally arrived. It can be had for a cool $0 upfront with Telstra’s $59 Freedom Connect Plan. That’s if you get that plan for a two-year period, of course.
So there you have it. If you’re a Telstra customer, starting today you have two more Android-powered handsets to choose from.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Telstra Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo will be available on July 26
- HTC Evo 3D launch dates on Telstra and Vodafone Australia announced
- Samsung Galaxy S II can be pre-ordered at Telstra now
- Telstra HTC Sensation now out
- HTC Sensation may become available from Telstra on July 12 for free