After having been updated to Android 3.1 last month, the Asus Eee Pad Transformer is now ready to run what is today Google’s latest operating system version for tablets – Android 3.2. Asus tweeted yesterday that the update’s rollout would begin today, unfortunately without saying anything about what territories will get it first. So it’s probably safe to assume that Transformers sold in the US will start getting it today.
On that note, Liliputing has uncovered that Asus Germany expects to start pushing the update on August 5. So for those of you in Europe, a few more days of waiting may just be required.
The update will naturally come over-the-air, your tablet will notify you about it and you can then download and install it.
The biggest thing to come with this version of Android isn’t something Transformer owners have any use for. Namely, that’s proper support for tablets with resolutions smaller than 1280×800 (which has become the standard for 10.1-inch devices).
Aside from that, the update also brings a new type of compatibility zoom for applications designed for smartphones and not optimized for tablets. This should ensure a better experience while running such apps on your Honeycomb tablet. Last, but not least, media sync from the SD card is now possible.
Via Droid Life
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Asus Transformer TF101 Android 4.0 ICS update rolling out now in Taiwan, tomorrow in the US
- Asus Eee Pad Transformer Android 3.1 update now rolling out in Europe
- Asus Eee Pad Slider Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update starts rolling out in the US
- Asus Transformer Pad 300 Android 4.2 Jelly Bean update now rolling out
- Asus Transformer Prime Ice Cream Sandwich update out on January 12, bootloader unlock tool soon