While Microsoft hasn’t committed to an exact launch date for Windows Phone Mango, we know that the first Mango devices should hit the market starting September, with the Fujitsu Toshiba IS12T possibly being the very first of them.
Now a report from Taiwan claims that Samsung, HTC and LG also plan to release WP Mango handsets in September. Apparently, HTC will have “a number of Mango phones” with displays measuring from 3.8 to 4.7 inches. Said phones should be powered by single-core 1.5GHz processors from Qualcomm – and that’s all we know for now.
HTC is the company that launched the highest number of Windows Phone devices until now (five).
(Samsung Focus, which currently runs WP 7, but will be upgraded to Mango)
As previously mentioned, Acer, Dell, ZTE and – most importantly – Nokia will introduce Mango devices, too. Nokia’s first Windows phones are expected to be officially introduced in late October during Nokia World 2011.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Compal to start delivery of Windows Phones to Nokia in September. 2 million units ordered for Q4 2011
- Nokia could show off new Windows Phone Mango handsets on August 17
- Nokia Windows Phone 8 event officially scheduled for September 5
- Windows Phone 7.5 Mango updates coming in “the next week or two”
- Nokia Lumia 800 with LTE coming to AT&T in 2012?