Earlier this week, AT&T announced that the new LG Thrill 4G (its own version of the Optimus 3D) would cost $99.99 on contract, also saying that the handset should be released pretty soon. Rumor has it that the Thrill is expected to hit the shelves on August 7. However, the smartphone may have been delayed.
The Radio Shack memo seen below suggests that AT&T pushed back the launch date to August 21. Not a huge delay, of course, but still a delay.
Regardless if it launches on August 7 or two weeks later, the LG Thrill will become AT&T’s fifth 4G smartphone. It features Android 2.2 (upgradeable to 2.3), a 4.3 inch WVGA 3D display, Wi-Fi hotspot capability, GPS, dual 5MP cameras with 3D video recording, dual-core 1GHz processor, and 8GB of internal memory.
Via Android Central
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- LG Thrill 4G will cost $99 at AT&T
- AT&T’s LG Thrill 4G and HTC Status could be launched this month. BlackBerry Torch 4G coming in August?
- AT&T LG Thrill 4G gets delayed again, will be available on September 4
- LG Thrill 4G now officially available from AT&T for $100
- AT&T LG Thrill 4G may be sold for just $79.99 at Target