Last week, we told you that Vodafone UK had cancelled the launch of HTC’s Evo 3D. Now Focus Taiwan claims that the carrier – one of the largest in the world – actually will release the new smartphone.
Reportedly, HTC stated in an email that its 3D Android handset “will go on sale through Vodafone and distributors in six major European countries.” Unfortunately, it’s not quite clear if these six countries include the UK – so maybe Vodafone did cancel the handset’s launch, but only on British territory.
In any case, Vodafone UK is already offering the HTC Sensation, which comes with all the features you’ll find in the Evo 3D, sans 3D capabilities though (these aren’t that useful anyway).
While Vodafone may have ditched the Evo 3D, you’ll still be able to buy it in the UK (starting September), most likely from most of the major phone retailers.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HTC Sensation will be launched by Vodafone UK on May 19
- UK: Vodafone’s exlclusivity of the HTC Sensation is about to end
- HTC Sensation will be available on O2 and Orange in the UK on July 8
- HTC Desire HD coming soon to Vodafone UK
- HTC Sensation starts shipping at Vodafone UK