Not long ago, Bell has officially announced that it would release the Motorola XT860 4G in Canada sometime “this summer.” Now Mobile Syrup claims to have the handset’s exact launch date, and that’s August 9 (next week).
There is still no word on the smartphone’s price from Bell, but it shouldn’t be more than $150 with a new 3-yr contract agreement.
The XT860 4G is the Canadian version of Verizon’s Motorola Droid 3, and comes with Android 2.3 Gingerbread, 5-row sliding QWERTY keyboard, 4 inch qHD (960 x 540) display, 8MP rear camera with 1080p video recording, 1.3MP front-facing camera, and a dual-core 1GHz processor.
The Motorola XT860 4G will be included in Bell’s “superphone” category, where customers can currently find the Samsung Galaxy S II 4G, the Motorola Atrix 4G, and the HTC Sensation 4G (all three being dual-core Android devices).
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- AT&T adds the Motorola Atrix 2, Samsung Captivate Glide, and 3 other Android smartphones to lineup at CTIA
- Droid 3 goes to Canada as the Motorola XT860 4G, will be on Bell this summer
- Motorola Atrix HD LTE now available at Bell, priced from $49.95
- Samsung Galaxy W to be launched by Bell in Canada
- Motorola Atrix HD officially announced for AT&T and Bell Canada. New Razr V also unveiled