Many expect Nokia to announce its first Windows Phone handsets in October at Nokia World 2011. And, most likely, that’s how it’s going to be.
However, Nokia may showcase some new phones earlier than October. The Finnish giant is getting ready to host a party together with Microsoft on August 17 in Cologne, Germany, promising “exciting actions and surprises” for “an evening to remember.”
The invite for the event – which will take place during the Gamescom fair – reads that participants will be able to win “3x Nokia with Windows Phone (as soon as available).” This could mean Nokia and Microsoft will have some Mango handsets to showcase in Cologne (maybe the Nokia Sea Ray will be unveiled again). But it could also mean they’ll have just mock-ups to present, or maybe not even that. In any case, I highly doubt that Nokia will officially announce Windows Phone devices at this event, as The Unwired speculates. It makes little sense for the company to announce products that its future depends on at a game fair.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- 9 new Windows Phone Mango handsets to be announced tomorrow alongside 500 new OS features?
- Windows Phone Mango handsets from Samsung, HTC and LG expected to arrive in September
- Ballmer: Windows Phone Mango handsets are “coming out this Christmas”
- HTC Windows Phone Mango handsets (Omega, Eterninty) to be announced on September 1
- Nokia Windows Phone 7 Mango handsets already exist, no launch date given