There’s no doubt that Verizon will launch the Samsung Galaxy S II soon, but we don’t know what the handset’s final name is going to be. We’ve heard not along ago that Verizon may call it Samsung Fascinate II, and now a new possible name has appeared: Samsung Stratosphere.
According to Droid-life, the Samsung Stratosphere will be a 4G LTE device, and Verizon Wireless is already mentioning it on its website. So, yes, this could be the carrier’s S II. But it could also be that SCH-i405 QWERTY slider. Hopefully, we’ll find out more later this month, when the new Galaxy should make its official debut in the US.
Samsung aside, it looks like Verizon is also getting ready to introduce a new HTC smartphone, namely the HTC Vigor. If previously leaked details are to be believed, the Vigor is a Gingerbread device with a 720p (1280 x 720 pixels) screen, and dual-core 1.5GHz processor. The unannounced handset (model number HTC ADR6425) has seemingly showed up on a Verizon MAP list, next to the Motorola Droid Bionic. Unfortunately, there are no images of the HTC Vigor available yet, and we have no idea when it’s supposed to be released.
There are at least three other rumored Android handsets that could feature 1280 x 720 displays: the LG P930, Google Nexus Prime, and Motorola Dinara. Let’s wait and see which will be the first to hit the shelves.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon posts Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich updates list. HTC, Motorola, Samsung and LG devices included
- Verizon’s Samsung Stratosphere to arrive at RadioShack on October 6, HTC Vigor on October 20
- Verizon’s new Motorola Droid Bionic and LG Enlighten show up in photos
- Verizon’s Samsung Galaxy Stratosphere II gets Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. Droid Bionic update coming next quarter
- More evidence that Verizon’s Motorola Droid Bionic is coming on September 8