Verizon’s HTC Thunderbolt was supposed to receive an upgrade to Android Gingerbread on June 30. However, as you probably already know, the upgrade still hasn’t arrived.
Now an HTC rep has reportedly stated that Gingerbread is scheduled to hit the Thunderbolt “in Q3″ – meaning this quarter, thus sometime before the end of September. The upgrade should also bring a new version of Sense UI, improved aGPS functionality, Skype video, Amazon Appstore, and other enhancements.
The HTC Thunderbolt was introduced by Verizon in March as its very first 4G LTE smartphone, and is currently offered for $249.99 on contract. It’s a bit weird that the HTC Droid Incredible 2, which was released after the Thunderbolt, has been already upgraded to Gingerbread, but oh well.
Get the HTC Thunderbolt on Amazon.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread update for Verizon’s HTC Thunderbolt coming on June 30?
- HTC Droid Incredible might get Android 2.3 Gingerbread in late Q2
- Verizon’s HTC Thunderbolt to get Android Ice Cream Sandwich soon
- Verizon: Motorola Droid X Gingerbread upgrade will be out this Friday
- Verizon HTC ThunderBolt and Droid Incredible to get Android 2.3 Gingerbread update in September