While the Galaxy S II has already made an appearance at Samsung USA’s website, the handset hasn’t been officially released Stateside yet. However, if you want to buy it before any carrier gets the chance to launch it, you can do it now thanks to Newegg.
The retailer is selling the Samsung Galaxy S II unlocked for $649.99. This particular version that’s available at Newegg has 16GB of internal memory, and comes with quad-band GSM (850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900) and quad-band UMTS (850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100) connectivity – hence it’s compatible with AT&T’s and T-Mobile’s networks (although you’ll have 3G only on AT&T). Go here at Newegg to order the S II now.
All the major US carriers should start offering the Galaxy S II subsidized later this month, under different names – for example, Verizon may call it Samsung Fascinate II. We’ll obviously let you know when official details are unveiled.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus will be launched by Rogers and Telus in January 2012
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus launching one day earlier at Bell and Virgin Canada
- Samsung Galaxy S II LTE to be launched by Bell?
- Samsung Galaxy Note launched in Canada by Rogers, Telus and Bell
- Canada: Virgin Mobile HTC Wildfire S pricing leaks, launch should happen soon