Facebook launched its own extension app named Messenger today on Apple’s App Store and the Android Marketplace.
The development of this app was led by Beluga’s founding team(Beluga was acquired by Facebook in March). The team brought all of the great messaging features of Beluga to Facebook’s new Messenger app. This app brings chat, messages, mobile push notifications, and the email system into one app. This app also adds group messaging for quick communication. Users can also add people in their phonebook to the group chat even if they are not on Facebook, but you will deliver and receive your messages through SMS. You can even include your own location in group chats, only making it easier for you to meet up with your friends.
Facebook Messenger is a must download for anyone who is an avid Facebook user and enjoys chatting on the go. Facebook Messenger will definitely create plenty of competition between other messaging apps such as GroupMe, Fast Society, WhatsApp Messenger, and even Google Huddle.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Your Facebook profile will display your location using FindMe
- Facebook messaging available for Symbian handsets; Java and Windows Mobile to follow
- Get your social networking fix easy with Facebook for Palm
- Nokia Social Messaging and Lifecast with Ovi detailed
- Nokia Chat launched for Lumia Windows Phones