Remember the HTC Mazaa, seen back in April and supposed to arrive at Sprint? The handset has reappeared now, as Microsoft is giving it away to winners of the WPAppItUp application development competition.
The Mazaa is running Widnows Phone 7.5 Mango – it’s the 7720 build, hence the RTM version of the OS. The new device looks a lot like the HTC Trophy (released last year with Windows Phone 7). One of the developers who’ve won the Mazaa posted several photos of it, with the mention that it’s quite faster than the HTC HD7 (also released last year with WP7 on board).
In case you’re wondering when you’ll be able to buy the HTC Mazaa, the answer is “never”, because Microsoft says this is just a developer phone. So, no, it will not be released by Sprint.
HTC (alongside Fujistu, Samsung and LG) will introduce Mango handsets for consumers starting September. Nokia will launch Windows Phone Mango devices, too (as I’m sure you already know), but only starting October.
Via WP Sauce
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HTC Mazaa leaks on its way to Sprint, may be the first WP7 world phone
- Facebook for Windows Phone now plays nice with Mango
- Nokia could show off new Windows Phone Mango handsets on August 17
- Windows Phone (7) Developer Tools beta now available
- Windows Phone Mango coming next week?