Samsung has just unveiled its first rugged Galaxy smartphone, the Galaxy Xcover. The handset has been announced in Germany, where it should become available starting October – in time to battle with Motorola’s new Defy+, I guess.
The Galaxy Xcover runs Android 2.3 Gingerbread and is IP67 certified – meaning it’s protected against dust and dirt, and can be submerged in water up to 1m. The phone features a 3.6 inch display of unknown resolution (HVGA maybe), HSDPA 7.2Mbps, Wi-Fi, and a 3.2MP camera with LED flash.
The new Galaxy looks quite nice, even with dirt all over it:
Samsung didn’t announce the price of the Galaxy Xcover. The company also didn’t say if the handset will be available in other countries except Germany (but it most probably will).
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Galaxy Xcover S5690 coming to the UK next week
- Samsung Galaxy Xtreme S5690 delayed in the UK, orange version launched in the Netherlands
- Rugged Samsung Galaxy Xcover S5690 arriving in the UK in December
- Samsung Galaxy Xcover S5690 now available in the UK
- Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 S6500 launched in Germany, priced at €279