A 32GB 4G HP TouchPad has just hit the FCC on its way to AT&T. The device is expected at some point this month thanks to a leaked HP road map.
Unfortunately, the 4G HP TouchPad will run on AT&T’s HSPA+ network rather than AT&T’s upcoming LTE network. The 32GB 4G TouchPad will be different from the 32GB Wi-Fi only TouchPad in that the 4G TouchPad features a 1.5GHz processor rather than a 1.2GHz processor. The 4G version is also $200 more priced at $699 as opposed to the 32GB Wi-Fi only TouchPad priced at $499 thanks to a recent price reduction.
It will be interesting to see whether or not customers believe it is worth it to pay an extra $200 and the price of a monthly data plan for 4G speeds and a better processor. This tablet is expected this month, but an exact date has yet to be confirmed. We will keep you updated on the status of the 4G HP TouchPad.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HP TouchPad to be available June 22nd?
- AT&T to get the HP TouchPad 4G soon, with a 300 MHz processor speed boost
- HP TouchPad to be launched in June after all
- HP TouchPad 32 GB coming to Walmart for $599
- Quad-core Asus Transformer 2 to be revealed November 7th?