Sprint will not be the only US carrier to launch new BlackBerry smartphones on August 21. AT&T will do it, too – although, well, AT&T will introduce just one RIM handset, not two like Sprint. The new BlackBerry that’s coming to AT&T is the Torch 9810, which will be marketed as a 4G handset thanks to its HSPA+ connectivity.
The Torch 9810 looks like the older Torch 9800, but its features have been improved, now including a 640 x 480 pixels display, 768MB of RAM, 1.2GHz processor, and BlackBerry OS 7.
AT&T will offer the BlackBerry Torch 9810 for only $49.99 on contract – the same price the Torch 9800 is currently offered for (and also the price of a Samsung Captivate or an iPhone 3GS 8GB).
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Amazon starts AT&T winter sale, many free or very cheap smartphones on offer until February 14
- New BlackBerry Torch 9860, Torch 9810, Bold 9900 and Curve 9360 to be launched by Bell soon
- BlackBerry Torch 9860, 9850 and 9810 launch details: AT&T, Sprint, Rogers, Telus, Bell, O2, Orange, Vodafone
- Sprint’s BlackBerry Bold 9930 and Torch 9850 discounted at Walmart
- RIM BlackBerry Torch 9800 sales are reportedly underwhelming. Only 150,000 units sold?