Sony’s first Android tablets, the S1 and S2, are likely going to be released next month (September) in India.
According to Tabletslaunch, Sony India plans to offer the S1 and S2 for about 29,000 INR ($640) each. Both devices will come with Android Honeycomb, a custom Sony UI, dual-core processors, and lots of other nice features.
The two tablets are already featured on Sony India’s official website, where some arguably awesome video promos have been uploaded.
India aside, the Sony S1 (pictured above) may become available for pre-order in the UK starting September 1, while the S2 should be released by AT&T in the US sometime soon – possibly also next month.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini and Mini Pro to arrive in India this week
- Sony Xperia S released in India. Xperia U, Xperia P, and Xperia Sola to follow
- HTC Rhyme to become available in India soon
- Sony Xperia Ion launched in India, Android ICS presence unclear
- Sony’s S1 Android tablet available for pre-order in the UK starting September 1?