A couple of days ago the pricing details for the Samsung Galaxy Q got leaked, and back then we told you that it was only a matter of time before Rogers decided to finally make it available. And now, that day has come.
You can buy a Samsung Galaxy Q from Rogers for $49.99 if you agree to sign a new three-year contract. If you’d rather get it without a contract, you’ll have to shell out $249.99. So the leaked pricing is confirmed. It looks like the device is only available at Rogers stores for now, and not online, although you can head over to this page and check for yourself.
Either way, if you’re after an affordable Android-powered smartphone that comes with a side-sliding full QWERTY keyboard, the Galaxy Q may be for you. It has a 3.2-inch 320×480 touchscreen, a 3-megapixel camera with video capture, Wi-Fi, GPS, 100 MB of internal storage space expandable via microSD, and 7.2 Mbps HSDPA. The Samsung Galaxy Q runs Android 2.2 Froyo, and unfortunately we don’t yet know when or if it will get upgraded to Android 2.3 Gingerbread. Why manufacturers see fit to launch devices running Froyo 8 months after its successor has been unveiled is a good question.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Canada: Samsung Galaxy Q officially launched by Fido
- Rogers Samsung Galaxy S Glide pricing leaked
- Samsung Galaxy Q headed to both Rogers and Fido, pricing revealed
- Rogers Samsung Galaxy S Infuse 4G will cost $149.99 with three-year contract, $549.99 outright
- Samsung Galaxy S Infuse 4G is headed to Rogers in Canada