HTC Sensation smartphones sold by Vodafone in the UK (and, let’s not forget, Big Red had exclusivity for the superphone for quite a while, so it probably has sold a few so far) have started receiving a maintenance software update yesterday.
The update will take your Sensation to software version 126.96.36.199. There’s nothing major packed inside, but, as always, we recommend you update. It’s always better (and, in some cases, safer) to run the absolute latest software for your device.
This update brings stability and performance improvements, reduces heating in some scenarios by optimizing the processor load, and improves the performance of the built-in Web browser. So especially if you’ve ever felt that your Sensation was a bit hotter than it should have been, you should install the update as soon as you can.
The update is naturally of the over-the-air variety, and as such your smartphone will let you know when it’s available (if it hasn’t done so already). To manually force the Sensation to check for the update, just go to Settings > About phone > System software updates.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- T-Mobile HTC Sensation 4G Android 2.3.4 update is rolling out
- T-Mobile HTC Sensation 4G receives software update which improves battery life and overall stability
- UK: Vodafone’s HTC Desire S gets a software update to fix SMS and Peep issues
- Nokia X6 gets a software update to version 32
- Motorola RAZR gets a software update in Europe