Coming fresh off some embarrassing rumors about Best Buy seeking a refund on its original TouchPad, HP has just released a new and improved model in the country of France. The new pad has been seen on the company’s French site, sporting 64GB of storage, a dual-core 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon APQ8060, a painted white back cover, and a €599 ($864) price tag.
According to Pre Central, HP has informed them that this new version of the TouchPad will be rolling out across Europe, Middle East and Africa regions. Unfortunately, we still cannot say with absolute certainty whether the white HP TouchPad will ever set foot on US soil or not.
But being the first tablet to ship with two cores clocked at 1.5GHz, is a feat worth acknowledging. Hopefully, with a newer variant of the original TouchPad, the company can make a comeback away from a cesspool of negative press.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- AT&T to get the HP TouchPad 4G soon, with a 300 MHz processor speed boost
- HP TouchPad 32 GB coming to Walmart for $599
- White Asus Padfone 2 stars in live images, shows off its true color
- HP Pre 3 apparently delayed ’til late July in the UK
- HP Touchpad, Veer and Pre 3 hands-on videos #MWC11