Just yesterday we reported that Telus is now selling the iPhone 4 for just $99.99, when you sign a new three-year contract. Well, today Bell and Virgin Mobile have followed in its footsteps, and they’ve both started offering Apple’s latest smartphone for less than $100.
Bell has the iPhone 4 for $99.95 with a new three-year contract. Of course you can also get the device sans contract, but that will cost you a hefty $659.95.
At Virgin Mobile, the situation is similar. The price being asked is $99.99 with a three-year contract or on Virgin’s Supertab. If you want to buy the iPhone outright, the price is $659.99.
Interestingly, Virgin lists the fact that this offer is only valid until September 8. Bell doesn’t say anything about when the price is set to change, but the deadline is probably the same. So in both cases, you have one day more to get the iPhone 4 for about $100 than at Telus, which has a promotion that ends on September 7.
Clearly, these deals are aimed at the back to school shopping frenzy, however one has to wonder whether the carriers may also be trying to clear some iPhone 4 stock before the iPhone 5 launches. And our guess would be that that may be the case too.
So if you always crave the latest hardware, it’s probably safer to skip these deals. If you don’t care about such things though, you now have the opportunity to get some Apple gear for quite a lot cheaper than what it usually retails for, so perhaps you should head over to either Bell or Virgin Mobile and place an order.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Canada: Telus, Koodo, and Virgin now sell the BlackBerry Curve 9360, Bell has the Torch 9860 as well
- Samsung Galaxy S III gets priced in Canada
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus now available in Canada at Bell and Virgin Mobile
- Virgin Mobile Canada set to release the HTC Sensation for $499.99 and the Wildfire S for $199.99
- Telus offers the iPhone 4 for $99.99 and five Androids for free until September 7