T-Mobile and HTC have started pushing out the Android 2.3.4 update to HTC Sensation 4G smartphones yesterday.
This update is mainly meant to improve the performance and stability of the device. After updating, your Sensation should be running software version 1.45.531.1.
The update brings improved battery life and software stability, as well as numerous improvements to the Trace dictionary, screen responsiveness, video playback, rebooting and powering off, screen and photo resolution, and the Wi-Fi connection.
The update is headed to your HTC Sensation 4G over-the-air, which means that your phone will notify you once the update has reached it. Then you can choose to install it. The rollout will happen until late September, and according to T-Mobile there’s no way to expedite how quickly you receive the update. However, the carrier does list the procedure to get your handset to manually check if the update is available, so you may try that if you want to, just know that it probably won’t make the update appear any sooner. You need to go to Settings > About phone > HTC software updates and hit Check.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- T-Mobile HTC Sensation 4G receives software update which improves battery life and overall stability
- Vodafone UK’s HTC Sensation gets a small reliability fix
- UK: Vodafone’s HTC Desire S gets a software update to fix SMS and Peep issues
- T-Mobile’s HTC Sensation 4G will get updated to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich starting on May 16
- T-Mobile myTouch 4G Android 2.3 Gingerbread update starts today, rolls out until the end of the year