As you’ve probably already heard, Sprint will launch two new RIM smartphones tomorrow, August 21: the BlackBerry Bold Touch 9930 (already available at Verizon), and the BlackBerry Torch 9850. The carrier will officially sell the Bold 9930 for $249.99, and the Torch 9850 for $149.99 - both prices requiring new 2-yr contract agreements.
Right now, the handsets can only be pre-ordered, but they will likely be shipped starting tomorrow.
While the Bold 9930 will probably turn out to be one of RIM’s best smartphones ever, the Torch 9850 seems to be a disappointment (or at least that’s what early reviews suggest – for example, This is my next gave the 9850 a 5.5 out of 10, arguing that it is an “interesting device”, and yet it can’t be “recommended over any of the other BlackBerrys on the markett”).
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Prices for BlackBerry Torch 9860, Torch 9810 and Bold 9900 announced by Rogers
- BlackBerry Bold 9800 might be called Torch 9800. Chinese clone already shows up
- Verizon to launch the BlackBerry Torch 9850 soon
- New BlackBerry Bold Touch Montana, Curve Touch and Monaco Touch pictured
- New BlackBerry Torch 9860, Torch 9810, Bold 9900 and Curve 9360 to be launched by Bell soon