The Android 3.1 update for the Motorola Xoom is now rolling out in Canada, the company has announced via Twitter earlier. It’s unclear why it took this long for Motorola to release an update that’s been available in the US since May. What’s more, in the US the Xoom has already been updated to Android 3.2, and who knows when Canadian Xoom owners should expect that to come their way.
For now though, if you own a Xoom and are in Canada, be happy. After all, this is the first update you’re getting since the tablet started selling. The update is naturally of the over-the-air variety and as such you should just patiently wait for it to make it to your particular tablet. Once it’s done so, the Xoom will prompt you to download and install, and you go from there.
If you’d rather not wait for that notification to come, you can make your tablet manually check for the update by going to Settings > About Tablet > System Updates and hope you get lucky.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Motorola Xoom Android 3.2 update finally rolling out in Europe
- Sony Xperia Tablet S gets Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean update tomorrow
- Bell Motorola Atrix Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread update now available
- Motorola Xoom Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update starts rolling out
- Verizon’s Motorola Droid Bionic and 4G LTE Xoom get software updates