Last month, Motorola first unveiled the XT316. It’s already selling in China, and it’s also headed to Europe as the Motorola Fire and Latin America as the Spice Key.
Today, Motorola has officially given us a time frame for the Fire’s release in the UK. The smartphone will be available over there towards the end of September. So if you’re in the UK and want to get yourself a Fire, there’s only about a month of waiting to do from this point on.
Buy why would you want a Motorola Fire? Well, it’s got a full physical QWERTY keyboard in a candybar form factor, just like the Motorola Pro which keeps bouncing from one delay to the next. The Fire also has a 2.8-inch 240×320 touchscreen, a 600 MHz processor, a 3 MP camera, HSDPA, Wi-Fi, GPS, 512 MB of ROM, 256 MB of RAM, microSD card support, and a 1420 mAh battery. The Motorola Fire runs Android Gingerbread.
Unfortunately, Motorola hasn’t said anything more specific about when the phone will be out, or about how much it will cost. It has, however, put out the following promo video:
We’re sure that all the details about the Fire will become available in the coming days or weeks, so stay tuned.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Motorola Fire and ZTE Tureis QWERTY Androids now out in the UK
- Motorola Fire (XT316) with Android 2.3 Gingerbread announced
- Motorola Fire brings more Android Gingerbread to India
- Motorola Pro+ with Android Gingerbread announced (video)
- Motorola XT531 Fire XT (Spice XT) will bring Android Gingerbread on the cheap