Cricket has added a new messaging phone to its lineup today. The Samsung Comment is a featurephone that comes in a candybar form factor, but which also has a full physical QWERTY keyboard underneath its screen.
The emphasis with the Comment is clearly on messaging, starting from its name, and all the way to the threaded SMS support it comes with. The Comment also has Cricket Navigator and MyBackup preinstalled, along with MyHomeScreen (for access to weather, news, sports, and horoscopes), as well as support for social networks and email.
The phone has a built-in Web browser and music player, and comes with a 3.5 mm headset jack and stereo Bluetooth. The Samsung Comment has a 2.4-inch 320×240 screen, a 1.3 MP camera, and voice recognition.
The Samsung Comment is available at Cricket stores, Cricket dealers, and online for $89.99 (tax excluded). You can get it with Cricket’s unlimited plans. A basic $35/month option comes with unlimited talk and text, and there’s also a $45 variant which gives you unlimited talk, text, 411, navigation, international text, picture messages, Web browsing, and access to MyHomeScreen, MyBackup, and Cricket Navigator.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Comment 2 now available at Cricket, yours for $89.99
- Samsung Indulge now available at Cricket, $329.99 without contract
- Cricket MSGM8 II launched, Kyocera Rio E3100 coming soon
- ZTE Memo cheap QWERTY candybar featurephone now available at Cricket
- Cheap flip Samsung Chrono now available from Cricket