T-Mobile has just added a new messaging-focused phone to its roster, and decided to announce the fact on Twitter. The Samsung Gravity TXT is a featurephone that has both a conventional T9-style phone keypad as well as a full physical side-sliding QWERTY keyboard.
No touchscreen here, but this isn’t aiming to be anything other than a no-frills featurephone with a QWERTY keyboard attached for those who are simply addicted to texting. The Gravity TXT does come with some nice additions, though. It has GPS and 3G support, alongside a 2-megapixel camera, a 3.5 mm audio jack, always-on social networking access, and a 1000 mAh battery.
The Samsung Gravity TXT can be yours for just $9.99, provided you feel fine signing a new two-year contract with the magenta carrier. If you’re interested in picking one up, head on over to T-Mobile now and place an order.
This device doesn’t claim it’s anything more than it is, and with that attitude and that price, it may sell pretty well to those who aren’t (yet?) into the whole smartphone thing.
Via Phone Scoop
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Gravity Touch to be launched by Bell in Canada
- Samsung Gravity 3, Gravity T and Smiley now available at T-Mobile USA
- T-Mobile Samsung Gravity 3 (T479) appears in official photos
- T-Mobile’s Samsung Comeback and Gravity 2 now official
- Photos: Samsung T669, T479 (Gravity 3) and T359 for T-Mobile USA