Good news if you’re in Canada, own a Motorola Atrix Android-powered smartphone and have bought it from Bell. According to MobileSyrup, the much-awaited Android Gingerbread update for Bell’s Atrix is finally rolling out, with several people reporting that they’ve already received it. The update has reached Canada about one month after being made available in the US.
The update will make your Atrix run Android 2.3.4, so the absolute latest version of the operating system (for devices other than Sprint’s Nexus S 4G, which is on 2.3.5).
At this point, it’s unclear if the update brings any other new features in addition to the ‘generic’ Gingerbread bits. Either way, this has clearly been a long time coming, so Atrix users – enjoy!
The update is of the over-the-air variety, so your Atrix should let you know that new software is available and ask you if you want to download and install it. If you haven’t yet been notified, you could try manually checking for the update by going to Settings > About Phone > System Software Updates.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Motorola Atrix Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread update now rolling out in Europe
- AT&T Motorola Atrix 4G will get Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread in July
- Google Nexus One Gingerbread update coming OTA in a few weeks
- Telus Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate 4G Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread update now available
- Motorola Atrix 4G receives Gingerbread update