If you think Toshiba’s first Android tablet (the Thrive) is kind of chunky, you’re right – because at 15mm it’s almost two times thicker than Apple’s iPad or Samsung’s latest Galaxy Tabs.
However, Toshiba is getting ready to launch a new and much thinner tablet, which – like the Thrive – will run Android Honeycomb. We don’t know much about its specs, but we can see a front-facing camera, 3.5mm headset jack, Micro USB and Micro HDMI ports, and a MicroSD card slot. The screen is probably a 10 inch one.
Notebook Italia has some images of the tablet:
The new Toshiba Android tablet could be officially announced on September 1 at IFA 2011 – two days from now.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- New 7-inch Toshiba Thrive Android Honeycomb tablet announced
- Toshiba Thrive Android Honeycomb tablet already available at some Best Buy locations
- 7-inch Toshiba Thrive tablet now available in the US, priced from $379.99
- Toshiba Excite AT200 with Android Honeycomb to be launched in Canada in February
- Toshiba Thrive now available at Newegg, $429.99 for the 8 GB model, $479.99 for 16 GB