If you own a Samsung Mesmerize, which is US Cellular’s version of last year’s Samsung Galaxy S, this post is for you. We have some good news and some bad news.
The good news is that your carrier of choice, US Cellular, has officially announced that it will provide an update to Android 2.3 Gingerbread to the Mesmerize. Gingerbread is the latest version of Android designed for phones, and the Samsung Mesmerize currently runs Android 2.2 Froyo to which it’s been updated back in March.
The bad news is that there’s no time frame to speak of for the update’s rollout, other than “as soon as possible”. We simply don’t know when it will become available, but we do know that US Cellular is apparently hard at work getting the update ready, as it has stated on its own Facebook page.
The carrier promises to bring you new information as soon as it receives it (from Samsung, presumably), and so do we.
Via Android Central
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- US Cellular Samsung Mesmerize Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread update now available
- US Cellular has a buy one, get five free promotion for Android smartphones
- US Cellular HTC Merge Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread update now available
- T-Mobile myTouch 4G Android 2.3 Gingerbread update starts today, rolls out until the end of the year
- US Cellular’s Samsung Galaxy S III will get Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on December 21