Samsung announced a handful of new smartphones the other day as well as a naming system for new models. The Galaxy W was one of the four devices named. The W stands for “high quality, strategic models, perfect for those seeking a balance between style and performance.” The Galaxy W was only confirmed to come in black until a photo surfaced today showing off the Galaxy W’s white coat.
If you are unfamiliar with the Galaxy W, it spots a 3.7 inch WVGA display, 1.4GHz single-core processor, 5MP autofocus camera, and HSPA+ (14Mbps) connectivity.
I personally like the white color on phones, although they do tend to get dirtier quicker. The Galaxy W is expected to launch next month on the British carrier, Three. We expect to learn more about this device at the IFA this week. We will keep you updated as more info becomes available on the Galaxy W.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- New Samsung Galaxy W, Galaxy M Pro, Galaxy Y and Galaxy Y Pro announced
- Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus priced in the UK, should be released in February
- 3G-enabled Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 arrives in Taiwan for just $332
- Nokia Lumia 710 for T-Mobile USA officially announced, won’t be released this year
- AT&T launching the white Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket on December 4