Wow, that was fast.
About one day after US Cellular let us know that it was working on the Android 2.3 Gingerbread update for the Samsung Mesmerize, its version of the Galaxy S, and that the update would be out “as soon as possible”… here it is.
Yes, the Gingerbread update for the Mesmerize is now out, waiting to be installed by eager individuals. What’s more, this will make your phone run Android 2.3.4, so the absolute latest version of Android designed for phones (unless your handset is a Nexus S 4G).
The update sadly isn’t over-the-air, so no installing without a computer here. Also, you need to have a Windows computer to do the deed. Backing up your data is something you definitely shouldn’t forget to do before you go through, since the update will erase everything.
Complete instructions are available in this PDF. Make sure you read it thoroughly before doing anything. To find out what this update brings, check out the info in this PDF. To download the update, go to US Cellular’s dedicated page for Android updates and follow the appropriate link.
Via Android Police
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- US Cellular Samsung Mesmerize Android 2.2 Froyo update now available
- US Cellular HTC Merge Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread update now available
- Acer Liquid E Froyo update now available in Canada for Rogers and Fido customers
- US Cellular LG Apex Android 2.2 Froyo update now available
- AT&T Samsung Captivate Android 2.3 Gingerbread update finally available