If you own an HTC ThunderBolt or Droid Incredible, at this point you’re probably quite sick of waiting for HTC and Verizon to update your device to Android Gingerbread, which has been the latest version of Google’s mobile operating system for almost nine months now.
But hang in there. The wait is almost over. Sure, the update for the ThunderBolt was first supposed to come in June, and the one for the Droid Incredible in ‘late Q2′, but this time HTC promises (on Twitter!) that you’ll see an update in September (which fits in nicely with what we’ve previously heard).
So, even if you take the worst case scenario into account, you have a maximum of 30 days of waiting still left to do. That’s not ideal, granted, but after waiting nine months… does it even matter anymore?
Let’s hope HTC won’t be taking its words back before the end of September. One more delay and Ice Cream Sandwich may launch before your Droid Incredible or ThunderBolt get updated to Gingerbread. And that would be just plain wrong.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HTC Thunderbolt to get Android Gingerbread this quarter
- HTC Droid Incredible might get Android 2.3 Gingerbread in late Q2
- Gingerbread update coming to HTC Thunderbolt users according to HTC and Verizon
- Verizon: Froyo update for Droid Incredible starts today, new Droid Incredibles will ship with Froyo
- Verizon’s HTC Thunderbolt to get Android Ice Cream Sandwich soon