Running Android 3.2 Honeycomb, the new Galaxy Tab is the world’s first tablet that features a Super AMOLED Plus display (7.7 inches, 1280 x 800 pixels.
Samsung has really pushed the boundaries of thinness with the Tab 7.7, as it’s only 7.9mm thick – but I’m sure Apple will try to make an iPad even thinner than that.
Like the Samsung Galaxy Note, the Tab 7.7 is powered by a dual-core 1.4GHz processor. The rest of its features include TouchWiz UX, HSPA, Wi-Fi, GPS, 3.5mm headset jack, Bluetooth 3.0, 3MP rear camera, 2MP front-facing camera, 1GB of RAM, and 16GB / 32GB / 64GB of internal memory.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 will be released before the end of 2011. Pricing and carrier availability should be unveiled sometime soon.
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Galaxy Note will be launched in Canada in Q1 2012
- Samsung Galaxy Note to be launched in November in the UK
- New 7 inch Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 with Andorid 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich announced
- Samsung Galaxy Note will arrive in the UK on November 17
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE coming to US Cellular soon