Expected to be released in the US and Europe int he next few weeks, the Sony Tablet S will also be launched in Canada before the end of September.
Sony has officially confirmed this, saying that the new tablet will cost $499 (16GB version), or $599 (32GB) – the prices are similar to the ones for the US market.
Running Android Honeycomb, the Sony Tablet S has a unique asymmetric design, and features: a 9.4 inch display with 1280 x 800 pixels, Wi-Fi, GPS, Sony Entertainment Network Services, PlayStation games, Reader Store, 5MP rear camera, VGA front-facing camera, 1GB of RAM, dual-core Nvidia Tegra 2 processor, and MicroSD card support.
Until it actually hits the shelves, you can check out the Tablet S here at Sony Canada’s official website. Sony didn’t say if it also plans to launch its other Android tablet (the Tablet P) in Canada.
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- AT&T Sony Tablet P with two screens will be available on March 4 for $399.99
- Sony Xperia Tablet S headed to Canada
- 3G Sony Tablet S launched in the UK
- Sony offers free Bravia TVs to early Tablet S adopters (in the UK)
- Sony Tablet S pre-orders start in Australia for $579, shipping on October 21