Sony’s Android-powered Tablet S is going to be available pretty soon. Sony finally decided to officially acknowledge its existence yesterday when it announced that the tablet would be available in September. However, in the UK at least, it’s coming a bit sooner than we expected.
Dixons has claimed it has an exclusive two-week pre-order window (whatever that means) for Sony’s tablet in the UK, and the retailer has therefore (obviously) started taking pre-orders for the device. There are three versions offered at the moment.
The cheapest is a 16 GB Wi-Fi-only option, which can be had for £399.99. And then there are two hardware variants both going for £499.99. One of them comes with 32 GB of storage and Wi-Fi-only connectivity, while the other one has 16 GB of built-in storage space and 3G capabilities.
The 16 GB Wi-Fi Tablet S will be released on September 16, and the 32 GB Wi-Fi model on September 23, so one week later. There’s no firm release date yet for the 3G Tablet S, unfortunately, but we’ll keep you posted.
So if you want to pre-order either of these tablets, head on over to Dixons now.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 now available in the UK, priced from £399.99
- Asus Eee Pad Slider finally available in the UK for £429.99
- Sony’s Tablet P brings its two screens to the UK, yours for £499.99
- Sony Xperia Tablet Z with 4G LTE arrives in the UK on May 20, yours for £499.20
- Acer Iconia Tab A500 with Android Honeycomb now available in the UK from £449.99