After being announced in June, the availability of the Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray in the UK was delayed until sometime this month. That’s also when O2 and Three will start selling it, according to what we’ve previously heard.
But when exactly in September? Well, the Xperia Ray may be out as soon as next week. Amazon UK now lists September 5 as the launch date for the smartphone. That’s this coming Monday. Play.com however disagrees and tells us that the Xperia Ray will be released on September 9, which is exactly one week from today. Price-wise, Amazon asks for £329.99 of your hard earned cash, while Play.com wants you to fork out £349.99 for the Xperia Ray. Both prices include shipping and are for a SIM-free and unlocked device, naturally.
Now the launch may happen at different times for different retailers, in which case all of the above may be true. Or maybe one of the two retailers is mistaken. Regardless, you should expect to see the Xperia Ray start shipping in the UK next week. So if you’ve been waiting for it to be out, the wait is almost over.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- UK: Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S ships on September 30, Xperia Pro on October 6
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Play gets price cut to £390 in the UK
- UK: Sony Ericsson Xperia Active now delayed until September 30
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray now available unlocked in the US for $379.99
- LG Optimus 3D and Sony Ericsson Xperia Play on pre-order in the UK