Don’t tell owners of Verizon’s non-LTE Xoom, but the LTE-enabled Xoom is about to be released. Yes, before those early adopters who purchased the original Xoom will be receiving their hardware upgrade to LTE. Such cruelty has become the norm in the cut-throat Android world nowdays, it seems.
Yet another of Verizon’s MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) lists has been leaked to Droid Life. In it we see many devices that we’ve already seen before in previous leaks, alongside a couple of new ones.
First off, the Motorola Xoom LTE. This looks like it will finally launch on September 8, on the same Thursday as the Droid Bionic. The price will be $499.99 with a new two-year contract.
The other device first seen in the above MAP list is the mysterious HTC Rhyme. Mysterious, because we know absolutely nothing about this handset other than the fact that it’s set to launch on September 29 and that it will cost $199.99 with a new two-year contract. That’s it.
Of course, we can speculate. Its model number is placed in between those of the HTC Merge (which Verizon never got round to actually launching, not directly at least) and the Droid Incredible 2. So, logic dictates that the Rhyme will be somewhere in between those two devices spec-wise as well. It may even be an Android-powered smartphone with a side-sliding physical QWERTY keyboard and ‘global roaming’ abilities, if previous chatter turns out to have been about the Rhyme. But there’s no way of knowing for sure just yet.
However, we expect further leaks to tell us everything there is to know about this handset in the coming weeks prior to its release, so stay tuned.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon Motorola Droid 3, Droid X2, Samsung Droid Charge, HTC Droid Incredible 2, Rhyme now on sale
- Motorola Xoom LTE and Droid 3 get added to Verizon’s MAP list, launches should happen soon
- Verizon Motorola Droid Xyboard tablets get priced, may be released on December 8
- Verizon’s HTC Fireball could be launched as Droid Incredible 4G. LG Lucid 4G and blue Motorola Razr also coming soon?
- Verizon Droid Incredible 2 User Guide and full specs leaked