Already released by Verizon Wireless (in May), the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play is now making its way to AT&T as well. Of course, we already knew that it’s coming, but we didn’t know when. Well, the second largest US carrier has announced that its Xperia Play would be available starting September 18 – just like the Huawei Impulse 4G.
Since the new smartphone is HSPA+ capable, AT&T added “4G” to its name. The Xperia Play 4G comes in a midnight blue shade, and features Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread, a 4 inch display with 854 x 480 pixels, PSP-styled keyboard, PlayStation games, 1GHz processor, 5MP rear camera, and front-facing camera.
AT&T will ask only $49.99 for the Xperia Play 4G (new 2-yr contract agreement required) – that’s $50 less than what Verizon is asking for its Xperia Play.
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Play launch date announced by Verizon: May 26
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Play launching in India in late April?
- Verizon may launch a 4G LTE Sony Ericsson Xperia Play
- Verizon offers the SE Xperia Play for free until October 6
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V available in the UK