If you’ve bought (or will buy) an Xperia smartphone released this year, you won’t have to worry about software updates for a while. Not long after announcing that the 2011 Xperia line would receive Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread updates, Sony Ericsson has now told SoMobile that all its Xperia devices made this year will also be upgraded to Android Ice Cream Sandwich.
Of course, Android Ice Cream Sandwich could be out only in November, so the updates may not arrive as soon as you’d want. In any case, it’s good to see confirmation from SE that they’re planning to keep customers happy.
The Xperia smartphones announced this year are: Xperia Arc, Xperia Arc S (pictured above), Xperia Ray, Xperia Play, Xperia Neo, Xperia Neo V, Xperia Pro, Xperia Mini, and Xperia Mini Pro. That’s quite a big gang of handsets that SE needs to push updates to, isn’t it?
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Confirmed: Android Ice Cream Sandwich coming to Sony Ericsson’s Xperia 2011 lineup
- SE plans to bring Android Ice Cream Sandwich to its 2011 Xperia lineup
- Sony announces new Android 4.0 ICS updates for 2011 Xperias
- Sony Xperia T, Xperia V, Xperia S, Xperia Ion and others will be updated to Android 4.1 Jelly Ben next year
- Sony Xperia V and Xperia T Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean updates rolling out