However, Sprint’s LG Optimus Black will be sold under the name LG Marquee, and will come with a grey pinstripe-modeled back cover instead of the original’s (what else?) black. Other than that though, this will be the exact same device, save for the Sprint-specific radio of course. Here it is in all its glory, courtesy of leaked press shots:
The LG Marquee will therefore have a 1 GHz single-core processor, 800×480 resolution, 512 MB of RAM, and a 5 MP camera. So nothing groundbreaking here. In fact in this day and age this is a midrange device and nothing more. It will, however, feature a very bright screen, so perhaps that will help it sell well.
The LG Marquee is rumored to ship on October 2, and at some point in the future it’s also going to be launched by Alltel, US Cellular, and Virgin Mobile.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- LG Optimus Black on its way to Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular, and Virgin Mobile
- LG Majestic (Optimus Black) for US Cellular pictured
- Sprint outs promo video for the LG Marquee ahead of its release this Sunday
- LG Optimus Elite pictured on its way to Sprint and Virgin Mobile
- LG Optimus Black and Samsung Replenish for Boost Mobile pictured