The Marquee will be available starting October 2 for $99.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate via reward card (2-yr contract required). Starting September 20, customers will be able to pre-order the new handset here at Sprint.
The LG Marquee is only 9.2mm thin, and features a 4 inch WVGA Nova display “with impressive visibility indoors and out”, Wi-Fi (with hotspot capability), GPS, 3.5mm headset jack, 5MP rear camera with autofocus and LED flash, 2MP front-facing camera, 1GHz processor, and 2GB of internal memory.
Unlike the Optimus Black that’s currently available across Europe and Asia, the Marquee runs Android 2.3 Gingerbread – which probably means an update (from Froyo) is coming soon to the Optimus Black as well.
According to Sprint, the LG Marquee “will be launched in partnership with non-profit design collective MADE, formally known as M·A·C & Milk, at this year’s MADE FASHION WEEK in New York City. Keeping with the smartphone’s innovative convergence of technology and fashion, LG enlisted Stacy London of TLC’s What Not To Wear to act as resident style mentor to five up-and-coming MADE designers as they craft chic carrying cases for LG Marquee.”
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- LG Optimus Black and Samsung Replenish for Boost Mobile pictured
- Sprint outs promo video for the LG Marquee ahead of its release this Sunday
- LG Marquee is Sprint’s Optimus Black, press shots leaked
- LG Optimus Black gets priced in the Philippines, lands next week
- LG Majestic (Optimus Black) for US Cellular pictured