The Xperia Active is Sony Ericsson’s contender in the still quite small rugged Android smartphone space. Judging from the ruggedness perspective alone, the Xperia Active is Sony Ericsson’s answer to Motorola’s Defy and Defy+ and Samsung’s Galaxy Xcover. That said, these devices do differ quite a bit on raw features, so pick wisely before you place an order.
The Sony Ericsson Xperia Active has been up for pre-order in the UK ever since July, which is also when we heard that it would be shipping on September 9. That however didn’t happen, and the culprit seems to have been a small delay in the Xperia Active’s release in the UK.
According to online mobile retailer Play.com, the Sony Ericsson Xperia Active is now set to start shipping on September 30. Therefore, the phone has encountered a three-week delay. We don’t know why this has happened, but at least it’s just a small delay. We’re hoping it doesn’t turn into anything bigger.
Play.com still lets you pre-order the Xperia Active if you so wish, asking for £239.99 in return, the price being inclusive of free shipping. For that amount of dough you’ll be getting a SIM-free, unlocked handset of course.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Play gets price cut to £390 in the UK
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Active pre-orders start in the UK for £229.99, shipping on September 9
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Pro may start shipping in late September in the UK
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Play delayed by Vodafone UK, too
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray may have been delayed until September in the UK