Since the “HTC Runnymede” name doesn’t really make sense for HTC’s latest (and yet to be announced) Android smartphone, I’m expecting the company to officially introduce it under a different name. And if we’re to believe UK retailer Handtec, the new moniker is HTC Bass – not an impressive name, but it surely fits with the music-centric nature of the handset.
Handtec has even posted a product page for the HTC Bass, but it doesn’t mention how much it costs, and neither when exactly it will be released. Of course, they’re waiting for HTC to announce the smartphone first – according to the Handtec blog, this will happen in early October.
The Bass / Runnymede will come with Android Gingerbread, a 4.7 inch WVGA display, Beats Audio technology (just like the HTC Sensation XE), 768MB of RAM, a 1.5GHz single-core processor, and an 8MP autofocus camera with dual LED flash.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HTC Runnymede fully exposed, Beats Audio logo visible
- HTC Runnymede to be called Sensation XL and not Bass?
- HTC Sensation XL to be launched in the UK on October 24?
- HTC Runnymede press shot leaks – it’s like a Titan with Android
- HTC Explorer (ex Pico) shows up in press photo