The Vodafone Smart is the operator’s own-branded budget Android-powered device that was announced back in May and went on sale in the UK in June. The Smart was always supposed to be headed to almost all the countries where Vodafone has a presence, and that rollout is still ongoing apparently.
The Smart has now made it to India, where it’s bound to offer some competition to local cheap smartphone brands. Vodafone is clearly banking on its brand recognition here, though how successful that strategy will turn out to have been remains to be seen.
If you’d like to purchase a Vodafone Smart in India, you should head over to Flipkart, which now has it in stock. You’ll need to agree to part with Rs. 6,695 though. Shipping is estimated to take 5 business days, and the good news is it’s free.
The Vodafone Smart runs Android 2.2 Froyo and has a 2.8-inch 240×320 touchscreen, a 2 MP camera, a 528 MHz processor, 130 MB of internal storage space, microSD card support, 3.6 Mbps HSDPA, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and GPS.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Galaxy Pop Plus S5570i (a Galaxy Mini version) shows up in India
- UK: Vodafone Smart III gets you Android Jelly Bean in a £95 package
- Vodafone Smart now available in the UK for just £60 on Pay as you go
- Acer Iconia Smart finally available in the UK for £389.99
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini pre-orders start in India, shipping next week