In Canada, Fido is getting ready to add another affordable phone to its roster. This time, it’s what the carrier understandably chose to call the Nokia X2, even if the device’s actual model number is (convoluted, as has been the norm with Nokia’s previous naming scheme) X2-01. Anyway, this is a cheap phone which has, alongside the price, a full physical QWERTY keyboard as one of its main features.
We’ve seen the X2 land at T-Mobile in the USA, and now it’s about to hit Fido too. According to MobileSyrup, the Nokia X2 will probably become available at Fido sometime next week. Price-wise, the X2 is rumored to go for a low $10 with either a two-year or a three-year contract. No word just yet on the no-contract pricing, but it shouldn’t be more than $100.
As for specs, the X2 comes with a 2.4-inch 320×240 screen, 128 MB of ROM, 55 MB of storage space, 64 MB of RAM, microSD card support, Bluetooth, and a 1020 mAh battery.
If you’re in Canada and are interested in picking one up, there’s only about a week of waiting left to do.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Canada: Samsung Galaxy Nexus arrives at Rogers and Fido on January 10 (Motorola RAZR too at Fido)
- Nokia C6 will be sold in Canada by Fido for $275 sans contract
- HTC Desire C on its way to Fido in Canada
- HTC Radar Windows Phone now available at SaskTel in Canada, prices start at $49.99
- Nokia C6 now available at Fido in Canada