Just in case you’re in Canada and your device of choice is a Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate 4G, and you can actually say that name out loud without stuttering or bursting into a laugh, here’s some great news. Telus, which obviously is your carrier since you’re sporting one of its smartphones, has just decided to bestow upon you the update to Android 2.3.4.
The Galaxy S Fascinate for Telus has previously seen updates to Android 2.2 Froyo as well as 2.3.3 Gingerbread, and now it’s time for it to run the latest version of Google’s mobile operating system (which is available for non-Nexus phones).
Unfortunately though, the update won’t come over-the-air. Updating will require the use of a Windows computer and Samsung’s latest Kies desktop software. The download link for that is available on Telus’ dedicated page with information about this update. Also there you will find detailed installation instructions. The update brings the 2.3.4 bits and blobs alongside better battery life.
As always, we think updating is recommended. It’s always better to run the latest software version, which usually comes with improved security, stability, and new features compared to older releases. After performing this update, you should be on build number PTLKH2.
Via Android Central
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Telus Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread update finally out
- AT&T Samsung Captivate Android 2.2 Froyo update now available for download
- Rogers Samsung Galaxy S II LTE gets Ice Cream Sandwich too
- US Cellular Samsung Mesmerize Android 2.2 Froyo update now available
- T-Mobile’s Samsung Galaxy S III gets updated to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean